Crystal Coast Half Marathon and 5K
New This Year
We have made two big changes in the race for this year
- We changed the Start/Finish area to begin at Evans Street and 6th Street, in front of the Ruddy Duck Restaurant. This gets the Start/Finish next to the park where we hold Registration and Packet Pick up.
- We added a 10K. For years we had heard that runners wanted to run across the bridge to Atlantic Beach, but did not feel ready for a Half Marathon. So we added the 10K which will run across the bridge and turnaround at Fort Macon Road.
Post Race Party
Weather permitting, we will have a concert and party at the Park where we hold Registration. Details will be available on ncraces.com up until race day.
The race starts and finishes on the Morehead City Waterfront and makes a loop past the neighborhoods and businesses of Downtown Morehead City. After passing the gift shops and charter fishing boats, runners cross the bridge to Atlantic Beach. This part of the race offers a beautiful view of the sound and the Atlantic Ocean in the distance.
Once in Atlantic Beach, the course turns towards historic Ft. Macon, then reverses and will again cross the Causeway Bridge back to Morehead City. Once back in Morehead City, the course again travels through coast residential neighborhoods.
Other than the bridge to Atlantic Beach, this course is a flat out-and-back route which has had many runners set personal bests. The 5K is a loop in Morehead City and has become a favorite for many runners.
5.5 Miles – water and Gatorade
10 Miles – water and Gatorade
Restrooms for Half Marathon
3 miles -water and Gatorade
- Crystal Coast Half Marathon – $55 ($60 beginning February 16th)
- Crystal Coast 10k – $30 ($35 beginning February 16th)
- Crystal Coast 5K – $20 ($25 beginning February 16th)
Friday, Feb. 28
First Flight Federal Credit Union
4501 Arendell Street
Next to Coral Reef Marina
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, Race Day
6:00 AM – Race Time
Arendell St and 6th Street
- 8:00 AM – Crystal Coast 10k
- 8:15 AM – Crystal Coast Half Marathon
- 8:30 AM Crystal Coast 5K
- Top 5 Male and Female Overall
- Top 3 Masters Male and Female
- Top 3 Age Division
- Shirts are long sleeve dry blend tech shirts. We only guarantee sizes to those who register prior to February 15. Those registering after February 15 will not be guaranteed sizes. Those registering race weekend will not be guaranteed supply, but we will do re-orders is demand suggests.
Host Hotel: Hampton Inn Moorehead City